Thursday, August 7, 2008

Study Links SOY to Low sperm Count

Ok, you have heard from me before about SOY not being the greatest thing in the world and here is another story that I found interesting..researchers "are not sure exactly why it is but they have found that in many men, particularly in obese men, half a serving of Soy can lower a mans sperm count. They are speculating that soy increases estrogen activity which in turn may have a negative affect on sperm production and can also interfere with other hormonal signals." Wow!

One team found that men who ate the most soy had 41 million fewer sperm per milliliter of semen compared with men who did not eat soy foods. These men that were part of the research were asked what types of Soy foods that they ate and these included: tofu, tempeh, tofu or soy sausages, soy milk, cheese burgers, bacon, yogurt, ice cream and other products that are soy based. This is due to Soy having a naturally agent of estrogen in products...

The researches did say that they found the study results to be "inconclusive and preliminary and that there is not enough research so say that that people should stop eating soy."

But I will say it.. AGAIN. Unless you prepare it the way the Asians do...then do not eat it. Soy is not any more healthy for you than the REAL FOOD. If you do not want to eat animal products< i can respect that.. Why do they need to transform the meat products or Milk products into Veggie products? I do not understand the whole idea of eating a hamburger that comes from a bean? Why take a bean and transform it to be like a meat product? If you do not want meat fine...but do not make TOFU cause you want a meat-like product. EWWWWWWW! What happened to vieggies eating veggies?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hello Carson family-
love your blog I will watch it with the staff at FC. band season has started and so does the band season. So busy am I. Hate to that we missed Tom and Jack together. Remember I went to school with Jack. He is a great guy.
William is learning Tenor drums now at the high school and hopefully forget about playing football. I don't want my baby hurt. Talk to you soon.
Watch my blog.
love you all.