Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Doing stuff


I figured that since the kids have been so good since we have been here doing Funeral stuff, that I would take them out for some fun and to lunch. We went to a place called Franklies Fun Park where there are go carts, bumper boats, putt putt and an indoor arcade. We went down to the go carts and watched the first group of kids go. It was a comedy of errors really..out of the 6 that were driving, 3 cars broke down. The operator was running out on the track trying to get everyone to slow down and move over while trying to get the broken down go cart to engage. Soon as he would get 1 going, then another would die and he would have to run out on the track again. The parents around me were laughing. Me and the kids were just watching wondering whether it was a good idea to even attempt to get on them. Ian later decided to try it and he picked a car that had great gusto, so all was well.

Then we went over to putt putt. WOW..putt putt, when it is a million degrees is not a good idea..EVER. Very little shade on this course and I think we played 18 holes in 15 minutes. If the kids hit the ball more than 3 times, I made them pick it up just to keep moving. At one point I felt my feet begin to melt. The kids said they had fun but I dunno..

After some arcade fun we went out to eat at out favorite Chinese buffet place and headed home. Tomorrow, Tom golfs and we hang out here at the house.

No comments: