Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall


I love that it is getting cooler outside. Today's high was only 72! The leaves on the trees are turning colors and are beginning to fall. One of the fun reasons that I love this time of year is that one of our neighbors makes me smile....LOTS!! This person, who cares deeply for his yard, vacuums up each leaf that falls. Today the soul was out twice and I happened to catch him both times while driving past his house! Perhaps a little OCD? I do not know, but I am scared when I think about how tidy he must keep his house. This is the same neighbor who has every light on in his house at night time..so he is GREEN in the fact that he is keeping his GREEN lawn nice, but he is not so green in keeping his electricity down in order to help our planet. Perhaps that might have been a bit harsh, but I find my neighbor to be very strange and hilarious at the same time. :-)

Speaking of green and the environment, our family decided that we are going to cut back on paper napkins and use cloth napkins instead during meals to help Mother Earth. After Tom and I discussed this and I went to take inventory of the cloth napkins I had stashed away, I was shocked to find that have over 6 sets of napkins! So now, I place the dirty napkins on the back stairs that lead up to the bonus room-where our washer is. I am always washing whites(so it seems), so there is no "extra" washing that has to take place for the napkins. Also I have read that washing clothes in cold is better for the environment. So, I am washing clothes in cold cause he helps not having to use the hot water heater...just small, tiny ways to help the earth..

On that note...Why is it called HOT WATER HEATER??? Is the water not already hot and if so...why does it need to be heated?? Food for thought!

No comments: