Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Remember me???

Gosh, I really did not mean to totally ditch everyone and forget to blog. Call it being selfish and lazy 100%. Truth is out! I am very lazy...

Ok now back to the program..

I am back to tell you about the good foods that you should be eating and how the food that the government tells us is safe is not. If you are one of the thousands of families that use pancake mix to make breakfast on the weekends, you might want to go and check your cabinets... There is a recall on a certain brand of pancake mix.

Check it out: http://wayfm.typepad.com/jeffandstace/

What Tom and I are learning more and more is that YOU are responsible for what you eat. Do not allow companies to make your food for you. Hence why I blog about fruits and vegetables all the time! Wonder why there are so many food recalls now? Cause there are companies and factories that are making our foods now. Back in the 50's and 60's you had LOCAL people processing your foods..not some factory hundreds of miles away! Check out your local farmers markets and support them. We have friends that are in our church that are involved in a co-op and they will get food delivered to them, on a bi-weekly basis that is all locally grown or processed. Tom and I are thinking about getting involved in it just for the comfort of knowing that the food we get is supporting those locally and is safer. "But that will be so expensive. " you say. Yes, it will be more expensive but so is being admitted into the hospital for salmonella poisoning...its your choice.