Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stormy Thursday

Crazy day...started off good but got real bad as it went on. Me and my buddy Lisa went out to go shopping at Stein Mart so I could use my gift card(thank you santa janice). While we were there one of the sales associates was on the phone in the dressing room talking about a Tornado Watch being issued. I was in the room behind her trying on a new bra and also leaning out to hear what she was saying. After I finished trying clothes on, I stepped out of the room and found my friend who was shopping elsewhere in the store. She also heard about the tornado watch so we proceeded to go check out and get home.

Since Ian has started this new school, Ian has to be picked up by Tom or I by 2:30pm. So, I am traveling down Mac Hatcher at 2:15pm and I can see ahead that the road is solid white...WHITE... and then the closer I get, I can see that it is rain that is ahead. BOOM before I know it, I am IN THE THICK of it...rain like I have never seen before! I had Bach,our german shephard, in the car with me and I called for him to give him pats and to reassure him that all was ok even though I was not sure it was.

I turned on my hazard lights to let others know to watch out for me and I pulled over to the side to wait it out. After about 5 long minutes things calmed down a bit so I was able to drive to Ian's school. While I was waiting it out, Tom calls me to tell me that a tornado is 10 minutes away from Franklin and is about to hit..he asks if I hear the tornado sirens going off in downtown Franklin and I reply, no..

I fly into the parking lot of the school and it is still pouring and it begins to hail. I park the car and throw my door open and Im trying to get Bach out to get him inside the school. Bach is scared to death and refuses to budge so I have no choice but to vacate him and run to the school. I run inside and the kids are in lockdown, meaning they are all in a hall, sitting down and trying to be calm. No one is leaving anytime soon. Tom comes in shortly after that dripping wet. Thankfully, after a few minutes the rain slacks off and the storm passes and Tom gets to run to the car to get Bach out. We bring him inside and the kids were excited to have a dog around. Bach did not like being around all those people though cause I guess he knew that something was wrong. Ian was too busy listening to his IPOD to even care what was going on...HA HA

We drove back toward home and being that it was close to the time for Lindsey to get out I went ahead and got her out early just so I knew that she was safe with me and that she would not have to be on a school bus during those dangerous conditions. After we all got home, including Bach, Tom came home shortly after. WHEW!! It was great to have all of my family together under one roof again. Today was wayy to exciting for me!! Cannot say that I would want to experience that again and all of that was WITHOUT AN ACTUAL TORNADO!!!

No comments: